Featured MISC artist: Larry Thacker


Artist statement: I guess I could just say farmer, but I'm not -- OR -- I could say Art Director, but I'm not. I'm not just one title :: I'm Larry. A 3rd generation of a Lawrence -- a name handed down from my great grandfather - Lawrence Thacker. Whom I was lucky enough to meet early in my life before he passed. ..................................................................................... Cre8 or Die is a mantra that I started to put on my sketchbooks 5 years ago now. To be honest Cre8 or Die is more a mark on the horizon. No matter which way the wind blows or where the currents of life take me -- Cre8 or Die is the mark on the horizon I use to triangulate where to paddle towards next. ..................................................................................... The need to create is nothing new in our family. In fact as each new generation of Thacker is brought into this world -- an updated definition of farmer is born. And just like the generations before me I use my education from life & the classroom -- to grow ideas and prepare a product/story for the market and community I live in.

http://larrythacker.com/
http://cre8ordie.com 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author